The capital of Virginia, in the east-central part of the state on the James River north of Petersburg. Settled in the 1600s, it became the capital of Virginia in 1779 and was strategically important in the American Revolution and the Civil War, during which it was the capital of the Confederacy.
- Visit Maymont. A tour of Richmond is not complete without a visit to Maymont, an impressive area covering 100 acres of land.
- Virginia Museum of Fine Arts.
- Hollywood Cemetery tour.
- The American Civil War Museum.
- Afternoon Tea at The Jefferson.
- Watch a movie at The Byrd.
- Visit the State Capitol.
- The Museum of Edgar Allen Poe.